美国时间2014年3月18日, Java 8正式发布. 参见: https://blogs.oracle.com/java/entry/java_se_8_is_now.
Features and enhancements in Java SE 8 and in JDK 8, Oracle’s implementation of Java SE 8 include:
• Lambda Expressions (JSR 335) – a new language feature introduced in Java SE 8. Lambdas enable you to treat functions as method arguments or code as data.
• Compact Profiles – predefined subsets of the Java SE platform that enable applications that do not require the entire Platform to be deployed and run on small devices.
• Stream API – Classes in the new java.util.stream package provide a Stream API to support functional-style (e.g. Filter/Map/Reduce) operations on streams of elements. The Stream API is integrated into the Collections API, which enables bulk operations on collections, such as sequential or parallel map-reduce transformations.
• Date & Time API (JSR 310) – a new set of packages that provide a comprehensive date-time model.
• Type Annotations (JSR 308) – provides the ability to apply an annotation anywhere a type is used, not just on a declaration. Used with a pluggable type system, this feature enables improved type checking of your code.
• Java Mission Control 5.3 –usability improvements to allow Java administrators and developers to more easily gather detailed low level information about how the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) and the Java application are behaving; support for Java SE Embedded 8 (Full JRE Profile)
• JavaFX – features and enhancements include an embedded specific graphics stack, new UI controls, a Modena theme, functionality to enable developers to embed Swing content into JavaFX applications, new 3D graphics features, and additional HTML 5 support.
• Security Features and Enhancements
… and much more.
个人关注点: Perm区去掉, 以及新的JMC, 监控, 以及可裁剪的虚拟机架构.